This policy (together with our Terms of Service https://www.gocarer.com/terms-of-service) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purposes of this paragraph personal data, sensitive personal data and process(ing)(ed) have the meanings given to them in the Data Protection Act 1998 and, after 25 May 2018, have the meanings given to them in the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679.
In this policy we, us, our or GoCarer means the trading name of Pivotal Way Limited (company number 11623942) whose registered office is at Mulberry Cottage, Clamp Hill, Stanmore, London, HA7 3JQ;
HOW TO CONTACT US
The Data Protection Officer ( DPO) helps ensure that GoCarer complies with data protection law.
The DPO can be contacted by:
• Telephone: 0203 3898 596
• Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like further information about any of the matters in this policy or have any other questions about how we collect, store or use your personal information, please contact the DPO using the details above.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU
The personal information that we collect will depend on your relationship with us. We will collect different information depending on whether or not you are a client of GoCarer.
As a client of GoCarer, the personal data we hold about you may include your name, postal address, email address, telephone number and financial information (such as credit card details used to pay us). We will also hold sensitive personal data relating to your or your child’s medical treatment, including details about your or your child’s physical and mental health, genetic data or biometric data, and nationality, as well as any services you have received from us.
HOW DO WE COLLECT YOUR INFORMATION?
We may collect personal information from a number of different sources including, but not limited to GPs, hospitals (both NHS and private), mental health providers and clinicians.
Information may be collected directly from you when you enter into a contract with GoCarer for the provision of treatment, use our services, complete questionnaires, submit a query to us (including through our website, by email or by social media), or correspond with us by letter, email or telephone.
You may receive healthcare from other organisations in addition to GoCarer, and so in order to provide you with the best treatment possible we may collect personal information about you from other organisations. These may include medical records from your GP, clinician, NHS or any private healthcare organisation.
HOW WILL WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
We will process your information for the following purposes:
• So that you can enter into a contract with GoCarer to receive treatment services from us;
• Providing you with treatment pursuant to a contract between you and GoCarer;
• Where we have an appropriate business need to process your personal information and such business need does not cause harm to you. For example, activities such as quality assurance, maintaining our business records, developing and improving our products and services and monitoring outcomes;
• Where we have a legal or regulatory obligation to use such personal information;
• When we need to use such personal information to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights.
WHO DO WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION WITH?
We may disclose your information to the third parties listed below:
• A clinician or any other professional involved in your treatment;
• Anyone that you ask us to communicate with or provide as an emergency contact, for example your next of kin;
• Third parties who assist in the administration of your healthcare, such as insurance companies;
• Our regulators;
• Our insurers;
• Our third-party service providers such as IT suppliers, auditors, lawyers, document management providers and tax advisers;
• Selected third parties in connection with any sale, transfer or disposal of our business.
GoCarer also partner with leading research institutions around the world to collect and share information. Our goal is to advance the diagnosis and treatment of autism and to help bring innovative clinical treatments to children everywhere. All information we collect and share for this purpose is anonymised.
We may communicate with these third parties in a variety of ways including, but not limited to, email, post and telephone.
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP PERSONAL INFORMATION FOR?
We will keep your personal information for a period of six (6) years in order to fulfil the relevant purposes set out in this policy and in order to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations.
If you would like further information regarding the periods for which your personal information will be stored, please contact our DPO for further details.
INTERNATIONAL DATA TRANSFERS
We (or third parties acting on our behalf) may store or process information that we collect about you in countries outside the European Economic Area ( EEA). Where we make a transfer of your personal information outside of the EEA we will take the required steps to ensure that your personal information is protected.
Under data protection law you have certain rights in relation to the personal information that we hold about you. These rights include:
• The right to be informed;
• The right of access;
• The right to rectification;
• The right to erasure;
• The right to restrict processing;
• The right to data portability;
• The right to object;
• Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling.
You may exercise these rights at any time by contacting us using the details set out above at the top of the page. If we cannot comply with your request to exercise your rights we will usually tell you why.
There will not usually be a charge for handling a request to exercise your rights.
This Website Will:
- Remember what is your viewing preferences
- Remember where you are in the order process
- Remember that you are logged in and that your session is secure. You need to be logged in to complete an order.
- The following are not Strictly Necessary, but are required to provide you with the best user experience and also to tell us which pages you find most interesting (anonymously).
This Website Will:
- Offer Live Chat and Messaging Support (If available)
- Track the pages you visits via Google Analytics
This Website Will:
- Allow you to share pages with social networks such as Facebook (If available)
- Allow you to share pages via Add This (If available)
THIS WEBSITE WILL NOT
Share any personal information with third parties or marketing agencies.
We may update this policy from time to time to ensure that it remains accurate. In the event that these changes result in any material difference to the manner in which we process your personal data then we will provide you with an updated copy of the policy.
This policy was last updated on 1